As Lance Armstrong’s bike of choice and with nine of the last 12 Tour de France victories to its name, the Trek Madone 6 series embodies all the qualities a pro-tour rider demands: precise steering, instant acceleration, long-ride comfort, hand-built quality, and personal customisation. We take a peek at the latest Trek Madone 6.9 SSL.
“The Madone is by far the best bike I've ever thrown my leg across. There's new ideas integrated into this bike. The way the bike looks and feels, the sounds it makes, this is next generation stuff. The Madone has evolved since my first Tour victory in 1999 and there's no doubt that the equipment that we'll ride in this Tour de France will be far and away the best equipment in the peloton.” says Lance Armstrong, seven-time Tour de France champion.
47 bike-loving craftsmen meticulously build each 6 Series bike out of our proprietary OCLV Carbon at Trek’s US manufacturing facility.
Perfect Parts, Perfect Fit
For different handling geometry and ride characteristics, choose from H1, H2, and H3 Fit options to get the perfect position on the bike, and customise the specifications with Project One (Trek’s customisable service offering).
For ultimate comfort, lightweight and adjustability, Ride Tuned seatmast is designed to save energy and counter the pounding doled out from the rigours of a three-week Grand Tour.
The End of Zip Ties
DuoTrap seamlessly integrates the computer sensor into the frame to measure speed, distance, and cadence with no added aerodynamic drag. It works with all the major ANT+ wireless technology players, including Bontrager, Garmin, Powertap, and SRM.
700 Series OCLV (Optimum Compaction, Low Void) Carbon
The lightest, strongest carbon in the cycling world – built from military grade materials available only in NATO countries, 700 Series OCLV is the ultimate combination of superior modulus and superior strength, and it's only from Trek.
Di2-specific cable stops and a slick bottom bracket battery mount allow for a perfect interface with the industry-leading Shimano Di2 electronic drivetrain system without a single zip tie or strip of tape. It’s the most seamless component integration in the industry.
Madone 6.9 SSL
- Colours – Crystal Pearl White/Platinum/Starry Night Black
- Frame – 700 Series OCLV Carbon, E2, BB90, internal cable routing, DuoTrap compatible
- Fork – Bontrager Race XXX Lite, full carbon w/E2 asymmetrical steerer, carbon dropouts
- Sizes – 50, 52, 54, 56, 58, 60, 62cm
- Frame Fit – H1
- Wheels – Bontrager XXX Lite, carbon
- Tyres – Bontrager R4, 700x23c
- Shifters – Shimano Dura-Ace STI, 10 speed
- Front Derailleur – Shimano Dura-Ace, braze-on
- Rear Derailleur – Shimano Dura-Ace
- Crank – Shimano Dura-Ace, 53/39 (double)
- Cassette – Shimano Dura-Ace 11-25, 10 speed
- Pedals – n/a
- Saddle – Bontrager inForm Race X Lite, hollow titanium rails, 146mm width
- Seatpost – Bontrager Ride Tuned Carbon seatmast cap, 20mm offset
- Handlebar – Bontrager Race XXX Lite VR, carbon, 31.8mm
- Stem – Bontrager Race XXX Lite Carbon, 7 degree, 31.8mm
- Headset – Cane Creek IS-8 integrated, stainless cartridge bearings, sealed, alloy, 1-1/8" top, 1.5" bottom
- Brakeset – Shimano Dura-Ace brakes w/Shimano Dura-Ace STI levers
- Grips – Bontrager gel tape
The Trek Madone 6.9 SSL is available at leading Treknology Bikes 3 stores.